8.2.07

Pinch me... i must be dreaming!

i have been wondering about something lately.

Have you ever had the feeling or the impression that you were finally doing what you were always meant to do?

Over the last several years for some unknown reason to me i have found myself becoming more and more focused on the concept of community and all the implications that living in authentic community brings. Much of my casual reading and to a certain extent some of my graduate school work has revolved around the concept of living in community. Now i find myself thinking even more deeply about this subject due in large part to making a change to another church staff here in Illinois.

i think i now understand why the issue of community has been a growing area of interest for me. i have spent the majority of my life trying to make sure that i could please the most important people to me. So i think you could say that in the classic sense i am a people pleaser and to an extent a people person... i like being in situations where i am liked... the more liked, the better. This can be good and this can be bad... very bad. At the core of this desire on my part i believe has always been a desire to never be alone. Now don't get me wrong, my family didn't abandon me or anything like that... it's just that i have always wanted to be part of something that was more than just me. Does that make sense?

Now as a guy who responsibilities on a church staff include trying to figure out ways to help people connect in authentic community, i sense for the first time in a long time fulfillment of something i couldn't even really describe as recently as four years ago.

i believe i am right where i am supposed to be and it definitely feels like a case of the right place at the right time for the right reasons... the best part is i know i am not dreaming and it's what i am supposed to be doing... how sweet is that?

PS. Way to go Blue! (The Colts!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Many people toil away at jobs (or even careers for that matter) counting years until retirement. To make a living doing something you enjoy... well, that just icing on the cake. You are very lucky, my friend!

Labels

I AM NOT HAPPY AT ALL!

I AM NOT HAPPY AT ALL!
Welcome to our world little dude!