2.1.08

Another year... make it a great one!


What is in your New Year?


For me, i resolve that i will turn my own personal "volume"down a bit... i will seek to be less hyper reactionary. For those of you who don't know me, i have a tendency to engage in what i have come to label as catastrophic thinking....


Let me explain...

For the most part i am a "the-glass-is-half-full" thinker. It takes a lot of conscientious thinking on my part to maintain that sort of outlook but since i try to stay pretty aware that it is always easier to spend most of my time being pessimistic... i over compensate in this area of my life.

Now here is the bad part, when in certain situations it becomes obvious that "things" are breaking bad... i can easily (and quickly) go from "the-glass-is-half-full" to "the-glass-is-definitely-half-empty-and-the-half-that-is-left-is-Ricin!" That is what i have come to call "catastrophic" thinking... thinking the absolute worst possible outcome regarding whatever situation.... That needs to change this year.

Secondly, i also resolve to return to the weight i was at the end of my high school days... plus five pounds... that should put me at about 180 lbs. And let me tell ya', i have got a looooooong way to go...
The other day i was at a local department store looking at my four year old son playing in the area between the exterior doors and the interior doors and the thought occurred to me (for the billionth time lately)..."Daniels... if you want to see his children you have to get all over your health and stay all over it"...

Can i tell you what is the scariest part about making these resolutions? Typically i would tell my wife Ruthie, perhaps someone else that i trust as well... which is good accountability but fairly low impact... now YOU all know...

What was i thinking?!?

No comments:

Labels

I AM NOT HAPPY AT ALL!

I AM NOT HAPPY AT ALL!
Welcome to our world little dude!